Lukas I. Pick graduated from the University of California-Santa Barbara where he earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in English. He went on to attend law school at the University of San Diego, where he earned his Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree. After graduating law school he began working for a law firm which specialized in defending physicians in cases of medical malpractice. He became a partner in only 3 years, and learned how insurance companies value and approach litigation.
In 2010, Lukas I. Pick stopped practicing defense work and began representing victims of personal injury and elder abuse/neglect. Since 2010, 100% of his practice has been devoted to representing victims of personal injury and elder abuse/neglect. Since he began representing victims of personal injury and elder abuse/neglect, Mr. Pick has assisted clients in obtaining millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts. Mr. Pick has been named Best of the Bar and a Super Lawyer Rising Star.
- University of San Diego School of Law, May 2007
- University of California-Santa Barbara, Bachelor of Arts in English, with honors, May 2003
HONORS & AWARDS:
- 2010 Top Young Attorney Nominee
- CALI Award (highest grade in class): Legal Writing I and Torts
- Dean’s Honors: Winter 2002, Spring 2003
- Best of the Bar
- Super Lawyer Rising Star
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association 2008-present
- Associate, J .Clifford Wallace Inn of Court, 2009-2010
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego 2010-present
- California State Bar, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, 2010
- Junior Partner, DiCaro, Coppo & Popcke, 2010-2011
- Associate Attorney, DiCaro, Coppo & Popcke, 2008-2010
- Contract Attorney, Shapiro & Clamon, Fall 2010
Lukas I. Pick lives in San Diego, CA with his wife Paige and rescue dog, Stella. His family is dedicated to ending elder abuse/neglect at facilities across California. His wife was a member of the organization Stand Up for Rosie which helped the RCFE Reform Act of 2014 pass into law.
In his free time, Mr. Pick enjoys surfing, playing golf, and attending San Diego Padres games.
PICK LAW is pleased to announce its new attorney Casey Moore
Casey Moore graduated with Provost Honors from the University of California, San Diego where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science. She then went on to attend law school at Syracuse University College of Law, where she earned her Juris Doctor degree. While at Syracuse, she externed for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of New York and the Onondaga County Attorney’s Office. In her third year at Syracuse, she worked as a student attorney in the Elder Law Clinic and served as the Executive Editor for The DIGEST: National Italian American Bar Association Law Journal. After graduating from law school she moved back to San Diego, where she lives with her husband Roger, who is currently serving in the Marine Corps. She is admitted to practice law in the state of California.